I am so thankful to be writing this entry! When we got here last Wednesday in the wee morning hours, I really didn't think I would still be lying here. The nurses here are so awesome and I don't know what we would do without them! I am hoping that I'm an ok patient. My family probably doesn't think I'm a good patient because I'm depending on them more than the nurses to do things for me. I guess I'm just more comfortable with that. It's really hard to go from being an independent grown-up to being unable to do anything for yourself! I am trying to learn how to cope with that better.
Callie came to see me twice today. That was a special treat. My mom cooked dinner and brought it to me. She made pork tenderloin with apples and onions, glazed carrots, twice-baked potatoes, and rolls. She even made an apple pie for dessert!! So she, Callie, and I ate a homecooked meal together while Tim went home to mow. We don't want any nasty letters from the HOA telling us our yard looks a jungle! Anyway, Callie has been dealing with everything great. She might tell me that she misses me, but she hasn't been too whiny (to me anyway). We've gotten some really good snuggle time in up here, so that rocks!
I asked her tonight to please not argue with Grammy when she told her it was time to go. So when my mom got back to the room, Callie said, "Grammy, I don't want to aruge with you. So please don't tell me it's time to go." HA! That kid is too funny.
I'm ready to get home so we can get back into our routine. You all know how much I need a routine. This would be a lot easier on me if I didn't have Callie at home waiting on me. Anyway, enough about that. Back to smiling and being cheerful! Talk to all of you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment