Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Home at Last

I've been home for 2 days now, and it is so weird! It is very hard to be as restful at home compared to being in the hospital. I'm not completly bound to my bed. I can rest in bed or on the couch. I can even eat meals at the table. But since I can do all of those things, it's hard to remember that I have to stay resting.

The first night home was overwhelming. Who knew a ride in the car and eating dinner could be so exhausting! Callie was completely surprised when I walked in the door. She said, "Mommy, you're not supposed to be here." Then she gave me the longest kiss ever. Tim's mom came over that day and worked herself to death trying to get the house ready for me to come home. She was so sweet to do that. She changed the bed, cleaned up, and even cleaned out the fridge! I was so grateful.

I hardly slept at all the first night home. How ironic is that? You can't wait to get home in your own bed, then you can't sleep. Weird! Last night was better. I'm still pretty tired though. I'm going to have to go to bed earlier I think. Old habits die hard. Hopefully tonight will be better.

We have a dr appointment tomorrow morning and are having our 3-D sonogram. I will get the pics from that posted as soon as I can. If coming home on Monday wore me out, imagine how tired I'll be after a 2 hour dr appointment. :-) I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cherries