1. I feel better than I've felt since finding out I was pregnant.
2. There is no laundry or dishes to do in the hospital.
3. I can't get a cup of ice for myself.
4. I'm afraid I will forget how to be independent when I get home because . . .
a. people take my order for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
b. turn the thermostat up or down at my request
c. someone brings me clean towels and takes away the dirty ones
d. someone empties the trash and cleans the toilet
e. someone changes the sheets on my bed EVERY DAY
5. I'm getting a lot of reading done.
6. I've read about 10 magazines.
7. Callie is very particular about asking me where I'm going when I get up to use the restroom and then insists that she come with me to "make sure I'm ok".
8. Crunch-N-Munch is delicious.
9. I get to hear my baby's heartbeat for 20 min to an hour twice a day every day.
10. I get to have a sonogram every single week until he's born.
11. I get to talk to Jeri every day on the phone, and we even talked for 2 hours on Saturday! We haven't done that since we were in college.
12. All of my meals are brought to me in bed, and I don't have to clean up afterward.
13. I have to wear these cuffs on my calves that inflate so that I don't get blood clots. The actual inflating is quite nice, but the cords get on my nerves.
14. They insist on taking my blood pressure every 4 hours whether I'm sleeping or not.
15. The TV at the hospital does not have the Food Network or HGTV.
16. I'm watching sports I never knew existed.
17. Michael Jackson died . . . did everyone know that?
18. Thankfully the hospital has WIFI and the networks put shows online.
19. I do get restroom and shower priviledges.
20. Bed rest makes monthly pedicures very difficult.
No comments:
Post a Comment