Monday, July 6, 2009

Great News!

I got the best news ever today! I get to go home this evening!!!!! I haven't had any fluid leak since last Wednesday morning. So the dr. came in this morning and ordered two tests to see if there was any amniotic fluid present. Both tests came back negative which means that the slow leak that I've had has sealed! I will still be on total bed rest at home, but I am so excited to sleep in my own bed tonight. I was so terrified almost 3 weeks ago that I would have a baby in the NICU at this point that I don't know how to express how overwhelmingly thankful I am. I know that all of the prayers that all of you have prayed on our behalf (as well as the ones I've sent up) have been the answer.

At this point I will see the dr every two weeks as I normally would at this point in my pregnancy. I will be 30 weeks tomorrow, so we'll the see the dr this week, then again at 32 and 34 weeks. After 34 weeks we'll see him every week until this little guy decides to be born. Theoretically I could carry him to full term, but we'll wait and see on that. There is no need to deliver me at 34 weeks now because I am no longer considered "ruptured". We will just continue to pray that I do not go into pre-term labor again. If I do then Jack will be born at that piont.

We are not going to tell Callie that I'm coming home tonight. She has a playdate at Ben's (her best friend/boyfriend for those of you that don't know), so I'm planning to surprise her when I get home. I am so happy that she can just come in my room to see me if she wants to hang out instead of it having to be a choreographed circus just to get her here for an hour.

I have so many things to be thankful for and so many wonderful family and friends that have supported me over the last 20 days. Please continue to pray for us that I will not go into pre-term labor and that this little guy will stay put!

Have a great rest of your Monday because I'm going to!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations... I am so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Sleep tight in your bed. Ill keep praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Cherries